Language and information technology school, translation office
Take a leap in quality with Glossa school!
ACITIVE PERSONAL LESSON IN A MAGNIFICENT SETTING
- Individual adaptation to one’s existing linguistic knowledge
- Possibility for improvement in original surroundings, direct contact on-site
- Private lessons with qualified teachers
- Stay from Monday until Sunday (6 nights), language course from Tuesday until Saturday (5 days)
- Daily lessons for 8 hours for a total of 40 private hours
- Personal coaching and company for a total of 20 hours
- For Italy, room and breakfast in a Bed and Breakfast
- For Switzerland, in Ascona/Locarno with teachers
Private Coaching: Italian, German, English, French, Spanish, Russian
Do you want to make the most of your time? Do you want to learn a language quickly and in an effective way in pleasant and relaxing surroundings? Are you a free spirit and curious? Then you’re in the right place, with us, at Glossa School!
THE SECRET OF ACTIVE LANGUAGE LEARNING WITH AN OPEN MIND
- You will be coached while studying with efficacy and in a manner adapted to your rhythms
- You will memorize up to 800 words in an active, long-term way, putting them into practice
- You will live in original surroundings; you will be in contact with the local people and you will discover new social and cultural itineraries
- The stay is expected from Monday until Sunday, whereas the language course will take place from Tuesday until Saturday
- You will be staying in a Bed&Breakfast and a room with breakfast will be available for you
- You will follow an 8 hour long course per day for a total of 40 private lessons
- You will be accompanied by your teacher-Private Coach for 4 hours a day for a total of 20 hours
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY ACTIVE LANGUAGE LEARNING?
Active language learning means having a direct and natural approach to the language one is studying, and with the culture of the country one is studying in. Using modern learning techniques and methods, keeping personal motivation and goals in mind, one actively learns the desired language according to one’s own needs and interests.
- In a very short time the next step after learning vocabulary will be their practical and active application during the lessons
- You take advantage of all your knowledge and situations to apply the language to everyday life (market, pharmacy, post office, shops, estheticians, bars, restaurants, beaches)
- We focus on vocabulary that corresponds to your personal needs and to natural attitudes in a large variety of practical situations (professional, personal, private terminology)
- We make use of every-day language which allows you to discover and develop your comprehension of the culture and the country (touristic itineraries)
- We focus on the application of the elements of the language you have just learned in real life (morphosyntactic concepts)
- Thanks to the advice and constant but non-invasive company of the Teacher-Coach you memorize whole word passages, sentences and concepts based on easy to learn sources.
WHY IS ACTIVE LANGUAGE LEARNING SO SPECIAL?
Learning languages actively allows you to learn a language corresponding to your needs and interests with unique and original memory strategies.
An entire collection of sentences used daily, methods developed based on experience and awareness of your way of learning, will fan out in a wide range of circumstances in which you will be able to express yourself.
WHO CAN FOLLOW THE ACTIVE LANGUAGE LEARNING COURSE WITH AN OPEN MIND?
Those who wish to maintain a good balance between work and personal life.
Those who are in the midst of important transitions in their personal or professional life and wish to compare perspectives in taking important decisions.
Those who care to have a good work environment in their company, where they can develop their full potential and contribute to their own success and to the success of the company.
Those who try to enrich their skills in the multicultural sphere.
Those who do not have much time and want to obtain excellent long-term results.
Those who are enthusiastic about learning a new language or deepening their foreknowledge.
Those who simply want to live a different vacation – demanding but pleasant.
Those who wish to face a new challenge.
WHAT ARE THE STUDY STRATEGIES?
Different strategies exist and none is absolutely better than the other – it all depends on:
- Knowledge one already has
- Memory and different types of intelligence
Various strategies combined with each other are used with active language learning like repetition or transformation following these methods: direct, inductive-deductive, communicative, silent, communicative, reserved, mixed, connected, analytical.
HOW WILL YOU LEARN?
A child imitates and repeats what he or she hears, even when he or she does not always understand what he or she says. We linguists call imitation-based learning the direct method. This method supports the teaching of oral abilities to the detriment of every traditional purpose of teaching languages. Based on this method you will start speaking straightaway, and in this way, like a child who does not know how to read immediately, so too will you be without printed texts.
After a few days, when you have a good grip on speaking, you will also receive didactic material that will aid your visual memory and therefore you will convert the spoken word to written word.
The lessons will always be pleasant, often tied to visits, excursions, presentations, the surroundings.
The prolonged duration of the lessons will allow you to use all of the techniques in communication, favoring a relaxing and fun atmosphere thanks to this.
The topics will be selected purposely according to your interests.
You will be motivated and curious along your well-outlined way but with pleasant variations.
You will learn the language remarkably since your course of study will be combined with learning the culture.
You will be ever more aware of creating ties with thought, emotion and speech.
You will release tensions, you will rediscover your free spirit and you will be happy and proud to put into practice your marked capabilities in reaching your preset goals.
TEACHERS AND COSTS
Personal coaching and company for 20 hours: 1600.- fr
40 hour-long language course: 4000.- fr
Single room, half board at the Bed & Breakfast: 1450 €
Journey, excursions, transfers and admissions excluded.
Qualified teachers, with didactic and educational psychology training.
Coach in charge: Prof. Dr. Dragana Kojic Maltecca, director.
For the course: 50% upon enrollment, the remaining 50% at the latest one week prior to departure, payable to Glossa school bank account.
For Villa Armonia: 50% upon enrollment, the remaining 50% at the latest 10 days prior to departure, payable to the Villa Armonia account.
You will receive the bank account details by e-mail.
You may at any time withdraw from the course and corresponding travel.
Any cancellation must be done in writing. A cancellation fee will be charged depending on the date of the cancellation’s receipt at the language school Glossa Ascona. With the withdrawal will be charged the following cancellation fees:
- Cancellations received up to 30 days before the trip, the participant must pay 25% of the cost for accommodation and language course
- Cancellations received up to 22 days before the trip, 50%
- Cancellations received up to 1-3 days before the trip, 80%
In any case, the school will evaluate the possibility of recovering the lessons within the limits of the possible or will issue vouchers for recovery lessons which are valid for one year and are transferable to third parties.