LANGUAGE COURSES IN CABRAS (SARDINIA)Quality Swiss schooling in Italy
A mysterious land to be explored:
legendary forests, pristine beaches , crystal-clear seas, recreation and adventure.
A land rich in history:
A history dating back thousands of years, ancient civilisations, different cultures.
A land of ancient culinary tradition:
affluence and quality, recipes of old, famous local wines.
This is the atmosphere that will surround you while attending an intensive course of Italian, English or German. Using the language throughout the day in an target-based and efficient manner will permit you to understand what’s said in the new tongue right away, and to improve your oral and written expression in a short time. You may choose from a study holiday of one, two, three or more weeks at the time of the year that suits you.
We are convinced you will enjoy staying with us, and the language you’ll learn with GLOSSA will “flow” just like the waters of this island’s crystalline rivers.
OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES
The optional excursions and activities we propose include transport and one meal per person. The cost of those activities is not included in the course price.
- Visit the ruins of the Punic-Roman city of Tharros and the municipal museum in Cabras
- Visit to a Nuraghe Village and the Holy Well of St. Catherine which is more than 3000 years old
- Visit to Barumini, the largest and best preserved Sardinian Nuraghe village.
- Boat trip to the island of Malu Entu ( “Mal di Ventre”)
- Walk to the local market in Cabras
- An excursion to the Monte Arci
- A visit to the Roman thermal baths of Fordongianus
- Rafting and snorkelling in the protected Sinis marine area
- Tours on horseback
- Meat or fish barbecue
- Lunch with fish dishes directly from the fishery
- Tasting of typical local wines at the Cabras winery
Cabras, in the heart of the Sinis Peninsula, boasts more than 30 km of public and private* sand and rock beaches with live and calm waters to suit all tastes. One of those is the famous “Is Arutas”, one of the 11 most beautiful beaches in the world according to Vanity Fair magazine. Just 7 km from quiet Cabras, the provincial capital of Oristano meets the needs for young and old alike from shopping to nightlife (*subject to entrance fee).
HOW TO GET TO US
From the south: State highway 131 “Carlo Felice”, take the exit “Oristano Nord” or “Oristano Sud”
From the north: State highway 292 ” Nord Occidentale Sarda”, take the exit “Oristano Nord” or “Oristano Sud”
From Cagliari , Alghero and Olbia, take a regional train to Oristano station, then go by bus to Cabras.
International airports: Cagliari – Elmas (about 100 km from Cabras ), Alghero Fertilia ( about 120 km from Cabras ) and Olbia Costa Smeralda (about 180 km from Cabras).
At each of these airports there is a car rental. You may contact us for personalized information about how to get from the airport to Cabras
You can choose between an apartment or a B&B of your choice. Choosing an accommodation is free and without any obligation.
Board and lodging for the teacher is at the expense of the student / participant.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION
Please remember to let us know your preferences prior to February 28th, so we may organize your course properly and in time. You may cancel the course and the corresponding trip at any time. Any cancellation has to be made in writing. A fee will be charged depending on the date we receive your written cancellation at our office in Ascona. A cancellation will result in the following charges:
- For cancellations received up to 30 days prior to departure, 25% of the total amount is due (accommodation plus language course).
- For cancellations received up to 22 days prior to departure, 30% of the total amount is due.
- For cancellations received up to 14 days prior to departure, 40% of the total amount is due.
- For cancellations received up to 7 days prior to departure, 50% of the total amount is due.
- For cancellations received in the last 7 days before departure, 70% of the total amount is due.
- No Show and without written cancellation: 90% of the total amount is due.